Interested in working for a great, locally owned remodeling company with a stellar reputation in the Charleston, SC area? Classic Remodeling is looking for experienced professionals to fill the role of Project Craftsman/Lead Carpenter.
Project Craftsman / Lead Carpenter
We are a high-end residential remodeling company seeking full-time long-term employees to fill our Project Craftsman positions. We have been in business for 25 years and pride ourselves on exceeding our clients' expectations. Most of our employees have been with us a number of years. (Some have been with us over 15 years!) We have a team environment and (despite our professionalism) we like to have fun!
We do additions, decks / porches, kitchens, bathrooms, whole house remodels and repairs throughout the Charleston area.
This position requires responsibility for one remodeling project at a time. This is both a hands-on and management position requiring the following skills:
- Installation of windows and doors
- Installation of exterior siding, soffits and trim
- Installation of interior trim and cabinetry
- Installation of hardware
- Installation of appliances
- Knowledge of water-proofing, insulation and the building envelop
- Ability to keep a safe and clean work-site
- Ability to work in an occupied home (effective isolation of the work area)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to see a project through completion (punch list)
- Ability to schedule and over-see sub-contractors
- Quality control
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, vendors, sub-contractors and project managers
- Monitoring of budgets
- Ability to maintain a project schedule
- Material take-offs
Our Project Craftsmen are expected to have and use their own tools. However, we offer an excellent tool program which provides the funds to help purchase and maintain tools.
We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and take care of them with a great benefits package:
- 401K matching
- Paid time-off
- Health insurance
- Equipment trailers
- Company cell phones (for most)
- Tool allowance
If you are interested, please email a resume or a detailed description of your work experience and goals to Cava Compton. (Responses that don't include one or the other will not be considered.)